Waffle aims to
- provide a simple, intuitive API everywhere in your application;
- cover common use cases with batteries-included;
- be simple to install and manage;
- be fast and robust enough to use in production; and
- minimize dependencies and complexity.
The other major, active feature flag tool for Django is Disqus’s Gargoyle. Both support similar features, though Gargoyle offers more options for building custom segments in exchange for some more complexity and requirements.
Waffle in Production¶
Despite its pre-1.0 version number, Waffle has been used in production for years at places like Mozilla, Yipit and TodaysMeet.
- Mozilla (Support, MDN, Addons, etc)
(If you’re using Waffle in production and don’t mind being included here, let me know or add yourself in a pull request!)